Welcome to my blog

I will be posting pictures of layouts and cards that I have made, hope you enjoy looking.







Friday, May 13, 2011

"UR A GEM" card

Here is a card I made today for my Mother-in-law for Mother's day. We didn't get to visit her on Mother's day, so we are going to see her this weekend. I hope she likes it.
All the papers, except the card, is from the scraps. The jewel cut is from "Once Upon A Princess" cricut cartridge, "UR A GEM" is from Cricut Classic Font cricut cartridge and I welded it together on my gypsy. The ribbons are, once again, from a bag my dear sister gave me.

I glittered the white part of the gem and ran the purple paper through my cuttlebug using the swirls embossing folder.

Here you see I layered the two ribbons. I love those colors together.
I popped the gem up for a little dimension. I left the inside blank so I can hand write a little note, but I'm thinking I am going to put a piece of the green (same color as the sentiment on front ) on the inside to write it on.
Thats all for today, thanks for stopping by. Hope you liked it. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. You are putting me to shame Connie, I wouldnt have thought of that. GREAT JOB and I know mom in law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying this out

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous - I love the colors you used and the embossing really makes it pop! I'm sure your mother-in-law loved it :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete